Monday 28 December 2015

Top 5 H!P tracks of 2015!!



Hi everyone welcome back to MerodiiParadise!!

Now the year of 2015 is sadly ending which means it is time to look back on the amazing music H!P has created this year and see what is my top 5 tracks H!P have released this year in 2015. Now I know everyone has their own personal tastes when it comes to H!P songs. There are plenty of tracks that I love whereas someone else might have a dislike for them. So, before I get into this list please note that this list is my own personal one. It is not a representation of no one's tastes but my own so please do not be offended if some of my choices are ones you do not like.


H!P has had an amazing catalog of tracks this year and I am very excited to be hearing more amazing songs in 2016. I feel like 2015 was a year that has definitely changed the musical stylings of H!P. Sadly, Tsunku has stepped down in his dominant role as producer in H!P which means the musical style of H!P has been a lot different to what has been produced in previous years. Which really isn't a bad thing because I always love some change! I have to say some groups have really had amazing releases this year! Now let's get into my five top tracks of H!P in 2015!!

#5 Morning Musume '15 - Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki


#5 is Morning Musume 15's Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki. Now this is a song that was so pleasant to the ear. I loved how simple the instrumentation was throughout and then in the Middle 8 when strings were introduced it made the song sound so beautiful! I love string instruments, but I love them even more when they are used properly. I like how they were used in this song but they weren't used so much that they overpowered the song. In terms of vocals I love the mixture of different voices. Sakura and Riho sounded amazing, and Haruna and Erina sounded very good in the recording. However, it was Masaki and Mizuki that really took centre stage for me in this song. I have never heard Masaki sing with such emotion before, and she sounded amazing. The song was also a great one for Mizuki's voice. She has a very soothing and pretty voice which really suited the sound of the song!

#4 C-ute - Arashi wo Okosunda EXCITING FIGHT!
One genre of idol music that will always make me love the music is idol rock. That's why units such as Buono! are some of my all time favourite idol groups. So when C-ute released Arashi wo Okosunda EXCITING FIGHT I fell in love with it from the get go. It cannot be denied how amazing C-ute is because of their amazing vocals as a unit, but in this instance I really think this song showcased how far their vocals can go. I watched the members as they recorded this song and I have to say it isn't an easy one to sing, but I feel like the girls really learned about their singing skills and sang this song phenomenally. Everyone sounds amazing, and the rock sound of this song is one that always makes me feel empowered every time I listened to it! I think out of all the girls I think Okai Chisato sang amazingly in this single, because I think this genre of music was equipped for her voice the most.

#3 Kobushi Factory - Nen ni wa Nen
This year Kobushi Factory debuted as the newest addition the H!P roster...and woah...have they made an everlasting impression on fans! (Myself included). Instantly, they attracted fans with their amazing vocal, dancing and performing talent. Never have I ever seen an idol group where everyone sounds amazing. I am very excited to see more from this group. Nen ni wa Nen was their first song and again the rock sound of this song made me fall in love with it. Even months after it's release I still love listening to it when I am out and about. The girls energetic vocals bring sassiness and attitude to the song. I have to say Hamachan was the member that stood out for me the most, but I cannot deny that everyone sounded amazing. The instrumental punches in straight from the get go and the energy maintains itself throughout the song.

#2 C-ute - Tsugi no Kado wo Magare
Tsugi no Kado wo Magare didn't make it as my all time favourite track of C-ute this year on my top H!P tracks of 2015 video on my youtube channel (JennyInTokyo), but it is another song that I love to listen to all the time. The vocals are so powerful and soothing throughout and the instrumentation is another simple one with a mix of strings that go up and down to make more emotional parts of the song but it flows so well and it's so soothing to my ears. This song sounds like it could fit into a Final Fantasy soundtrack. I used to listen to this song a lot whenever I played Final Fantasy XIII. Again, Okai Chisato is a dominant vocal in this alongside Airi and this song is the reason Airi is my #1 of C-ute. Her vocals are just so powerful and beautiful at the same time.

#1 Dondengaeshi - ANGERME
ANGERME has done a complete 180 this year! About two years ago I didn't really pay attention to the group because I feel like it was fading away into obscurity. However, this year they have really made me pay attention to them. With the addition of the 3rd generation it feels like a completely new group! Their releases this year have been strong ones but Dondengaeshi has impressed me so much that hands down it was an easy entry into #1! Once again its another rock anthem, with powerful vocals and together they blend amazingly and make a rock anthem that makes me want to dance along. Again all of the girls sound amazing, but the stand outs for me have to be Meimi and Akari. Akari's sweet voice contrasts well with the instrumentation and Meimi's voice really does suit the rock genre with it's maturity. 

That is my list of my top 5 tracks of H!P this year! It was a difficult choice for some songs and then other choices were obvious ones for this list. I really hope you enjoyed reading this and please comment and let me know what your favourite track were. I would love to know!!

Thanks for reading and I'll catch you in my next post!!




1 comment:

  1. For Tsugi no Kado wo Magare, it also reminded me of the music in Final Fantasy XIII as well. ^^ (Most specifically the battle theme). I didn't think I would see another person to make that comparison.

    Your top 5 list is close to mine ^^ It's so difficult to rank them... I really like them all!

    ReplyDelete